“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”
(1 Thess. 5:11)
At this time, we could all use a little encouragement in order to stay strong in the faith. One of the wonderful ways we can encourage each other is by being together in worship. This week we have a new way to be gathered together, we will be having two Drive-in church services on Sunday morning. We will be having these services at 8 and 10:30 am.
Here are some notes to help us in our worship together.
- First, we have to stay in our cars – I want to just keep that clear from the beginning.
- As you drive into Trinity – we would like everyone to enter by using Water St.
- There will be a parking lot attendant as you make your way closer to the lot, this attendant will point you forward toward the next attendant who will be directing you to your parking spot. To be noted all the cars will be parked facing the daycare, but we will show you where to go.
- We are asking that if you need to lower your windows you wear a mask and if you do not want to wear a mask then please keep your windows up. If your vehicle does not have windows (motorcycle, open jeeps, etc) then please bring a mask with you to wear it while on the lot. – Please understand that we are taking this step to be above reproach. We want to be in compliance with all the laws of the state and we do not want to jeopardize the safety of those gathered nor do we want to jeopardize our ability to be gathered in this manner. We want our community to be able to commend our actions not condemn us.
- While you are parked turn your radio to 90.5 FM – Keep in mind that your battery will drain if you do not keep your car running. I have heard from another church that did a drive-in service and they had several cars that needed to be jumped by the end of the church service – oops.
- Our plan is to have a trailer by the daycare where we will conduct our service.
- At the end of the service, please stay in your parking spot until you are dismissed by the parking lot attendants. We want the drive in and the drive out to be very easy and smooth so please be patient and we will get you in and out of the lot. Note that we will all be leaving out of Cass Street for our exit.
- Please print or download the bulletin from our website, we will not be handing out printed services at church.
- We will be taking offering after church as we exit the lot. The parking lot attendant will be able to take your offering as you are leaving Trinity. Keep in mind that you can always give an offering by mailing your check to Trinity, our address is – 600 Water St. Edwardsville, IL 62025 or give online at https://trinitylutheranministries.org/
The services on Sunday will be services of the Word. We are planning a separate Drive-in service for a communion service on Wednesday 13th at 6:30 pm. It is not our desire to make people uncomfortable at this first service. We want everyone in our ministry to be able to attend and be encouraged and we understand that there will be members who for their own personal reasons deem it not the right time to commune. For that reason and others, we will have a dedicated communion service on Wednesday the 13th, please let Pastor know if you would like to be communed but this day/ time does not work for you or your family. He can then get a better understanding of when another communion service can be held, it is our desire to give Christ’s gifts to all our members.
May the Lord strengthen us as we hear His Word of grace and rejoice knowing, Alleluia! Christ is risen! He is risen indeed, alleluia! Amen.
Pastor Shank and the Board of Elders